Bring the room to life with this beautiful easy-to-make DIY Giant Butterfly! Using just a few simple materials, children can decorate their butterfly however they…
How to make your own Handprint Parrots – Animal Crafts
These colourful parrots are fun and easy to make, the perfect summer craft to do with kids! Suitable for ages 0 to 5 years old. Read the simple instructions below to get started on your crafts!
Art materials you will need:
Instructions for your Handprint Parrots:
- Start by drawing a body and beak onto coloured paper and cut them out. Glue the beak onto the body.
- Next, draw around your hand repeatedly onto different coloured paper and cut these out.
- Now, glue a handprint shape to the back of the parrot’s head to make a fluffy crest.
- Glue handprint shapes into a fan to make the tail, and glue this onto the body. Add more handprints higher up the body, and use two extra hand shapes to make wings. You may need to trim the handprints in places to get a good shape.
- Finally, glue a googly eye onto the parrot.
Did you know? Their bright coloured feathers provide camouflage in the rainforests where they live, where trees and plants are also very colourful!
We would love to know how you get on with our craft inspiration! Tag us in your masterpieces on social media or use the hashtag #ExploreWithEYR to be noticed!