A fun and festive game! To make this you will need the following: 6 polystyrene cups 2 polystyrene balls 12 small buttons Orange and black…
Snowflake Game – Winter Crafts
Create a Snowflake Game this winter
If the weather outside is frightful, why not create your own winter activity inside with this wonderfully fun DIY Snowflake Game. An ideal craft project for young children, which also helps them practice addition. Simply follow the instructions below to make this Snowflake Game and enjoy.
Art materials you will need:
- Blue patterned paper
- A3 black card / mount board
- White card
- 12 x blue buttons
- Black pen
- 2 x dice
How to make this Snowflake Game:
- Use a pencil to trace the outline of a large snowflake onto the blue patterned card.
- Neatly cut out the snowflake.
- Turn the sheet of black mount board so that the widest side is at the top (landscape orientation).
- Glue the snowflake onto the centre of the board.
- Use a black pen to write out the numbers 2-12 on the sheet of white card. Neatly cut out the number labels. Make a duplicate label for number 12 to make the game trickier!
- Glue the numbers onto the snowflake, as pictured. This will become the game board.
- Take the leftover white card and the black pen. Write out the title ‘Roll and Cover Snowflake’. Cut out the title then mount it onto a slim rectangle of blue patterned card.
- Stick the completed title onto the top of the game board. You are now ready to play!
How to play the Snowflake Game:
Top Tip: You can simplify the game for younger children by only using the numbers 1-6. Simply make up two duplicate sets of labels (numbered 1-6) so you have 12 in total. The game can then be played in the same way but with just one dice.
This great project has been designed by Claire Drescher and supplied by Creative Steps. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and fun crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play. Ideal for everyone caring for young children. Get an exclusive 20% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRCRE20 at: www.creativesteps.co.uk.