With Christmas just over two weeks away, now is an ideal time to get young children involved in Christmas creative craft activities. Now is a…
Rudolph Gift Boxes – Christmas Crafts
This arts and crafts activity is perfect for the season of giving! Get creative and make these Rudolph Gift Boxes for friends and family. Suitable for ages 5 to 7 years old. Read the simple instructions below to get started:
Art materials you will need:
- A4 brown card
- Double sided-tape
- Craft knife
- Metal ruler
- Medium sized red pom-pom
- Eye stickers
- Pipe cleaners
- Twine or wool
- Black marker pen
- Strong glue
Instructions for your Rudolph Gift Boxes:
- Print out a template of a triangular box and glue it to brown card with a glue stick . Cut out the outer edge of the box.
- Ask an adult to help – carefully score the fold lines with the craft knife and metal ruler.
- Fold the box along the scored fold lines.
- Fill the box with your gifts and then stick the box together using double sided-tape.
- Cut four 6cm pieces of pipe cleaner.
- Fold one piece of pipe cleaner around another to make an antler. Make two for each box.
- Cut a piece of twine to 18cm. Make a loop and tie the ends in a knot.
- Stick the antlers, twine loop, pom-pom nose and eye stickers to the box.
- Mark on ears with a black marker pen.
Hints and Tips: You could make reindeer from different coloured card and using different eye stickers. Try spotty card or glittery card.
This great project has been designed by Emma Angel and supplied by Creative Steps. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and fun crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play. Ideal for everyone caring for young children. Get an exclusive 20% discounton an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRCRE20at: www.creativesteps.co.uk.