How To Make Leaf Prints What better way to celebrate the colourful Autumn season than with some colourful leaf crafts! This simple, yet fun, idea…
Fun Flappy Owls – Autumn Crafts
These Fun Flappy Owls are a great autumn activity for the kids! Suitable for children aged 0 to 5 years. Read the simple instructions below to get started!
Art materials you will need:
- Two paper plates
- Brown paint
- Thick paintbrush
- Two bottle tops
- Two eye stickers or googly eyes
- Silver glittery card
- Scraps of coloured paper
- Glue stick
- Strong glue
- Two paper fasteners
Instructions for your Fun Flappy Owls:
- Cut a paper plate into an owl shape.
- With the other paper plate cut out two wings.
- Paint the owl and wings brown and leave to dry.
- Cut 2 circles out of card to make eyes. Snip around the edges up to the middle. Snip inside the cuts to make small gaps.
- Cut feet from orange card. Cut a beak too.
- Cut feather shapes from scraps of paper.
- Glue the bottle tops to the circular eyes. Stick on two eye stickers to the front of the bottle tops.
- Glue the eyes, beak and feet to the owl.
- Stick on the feathers to the owls tummy and a few to the wings.
- Ask an adult to make two small holes in the tops of the wings. Make two small holes in the sides of the owl. Fasten the wings to the owl by pushing through the paper fastener. Open the arms out flat on the back.
Did you know?
Young owls tend to get whiter with age. They stay warm as their feathers do not have any pigments which leaves more room for air, which helps to keep them warm. These owls are also protected against the cold by heavy feathers on their toes and legs.
This great project has been designed by Emma Angel and supplied by Creative Steps. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and fun crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play. Ideal for everyone caring for young children. Get an exclusive 20% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRCRE20 at: www.creativesteps.co.uk.