These picnic straws are the perfect accessory to brighten up any summer outing or picnic! Suitable for ages 0 to 5 years old. Read the…
Sealife Special – Summer Crafts
These colourful sealife creatures are made using recycled egg boxes.Why not encourage the children to come up with their own ideas for some more underwater critters. Suitable for ages 5 to 10 years old. Read the simple instructions below to get started:
Art materials you will need:
- Cardboard egg box
- PVA glue
- Paints & paintbrushes
- Pipe cleaners
- Tissue paper
- White card
Instructions for your sealife Octopus:
- Cut out a section of the egg box and paint it green and leave to dry.
- Add some eyes with black and white paint and some yellow spots. Use the picture below for guidance.
- Cut eight short pieces of yellow pipe cleaner. Bend them to make them wiggly, and glue them inside the octopus.
Instructions for your sealife fish:
- Glue two egg box sections together
- Paint orange and white stripes.
- Add card fins and a tail and paint on some eyes.
Instructions for your sealife jelly fish:
- Paint an egg box section blue and gluing strips of tissue paper to the inside.
- Finish by painting on some eyes.
This great project has been designed by Kate Tompsett and supplied by Creative Steps. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and fun crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play. Ideal for everyone caring for young children. Get an exclusive 20% discounton an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRCRE20at: www.creativesteps.co.uk.