The perfect summer activity for kids! Gather a collection of natural materials to build this 3D seaside-themed picture, get as creative as you like! Read…
Rainbow Fish – Animal Crafts
Get creative with this Rainbow Fish and why not extend the activity by using the craft as props for a story or as part of a sea-based song time. Suitable for ages 0 to 5 years old. Read the simple instructions below to get started:
Art materials you will need:
- White card
- Squares of coloured tissue paper
- Squares of shiny paper
- Coloured card
- Large googly eye
- Tracing paper
- PVA glue
Instructions for your Rainbow Fish:
- Take a sheet of tracing paper and a pencil. Use a template to make the tracing of the fish shape.
- Copy the traced outline onto white card and cut out the fish shape neatly with scissors. Finally, cut a small slit for the fish’s mouth.
- Let the children have fun sticking the squares of tissue and shiny paper onto the fish. When the fish are finished and dry, an adult can trim any overhanging paper with a pair of scissors.
- Add a large googly eye, then cut out some fins from coloured card. Glue the fins in place to complete your rainbow fish!
This great project has been designed by Claire Drescher and supplied by Creative Steps. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and fun crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play. Ideal for everyone caring for young children. Get an exclusive 20% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRCRE20 at: www.creativesteps.co.uk.