This educational summer craft is the perfect activity for the kids! Encourage the children to know summer fruits and have some creative fun at the…
Picnic Straws – Summer Crafts
These picnic straws are the perfect accessory to brighten up any summer outing or picnic! Suitable for ages 0 to 5 years old. Read the simple instructions below to get started:
Art materials you will need:
- A pencil
- Coloured card
- Coloured pencils or felt pens
- A glue stick
- Small sticky dots
- Sticky tape
Instructions for your Picnic Straws:
- Draw the shapes onto coloured card and cut them out. Cut out a circle for the middle for the flower, a butterfly’s body and a beetle’s shell from another colour.
- Add patterns and details onto the cut out shapes with coloured pencils then stick the pieces together.
- Add sticky dots for eyes then fill in the middles with pens or pencils.
- Use sticky tape to attach the finished shapes onto straws, ready for your picnic drinks.
Hints and Tips: I’d suggest not using stick on wobbly eyes in case they fall off into the drinks!
This great project has been designed by Kate Tompsett and supplied by Creative Steps. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and fun crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play. Ideal for everyone caring for young children. Get an exclusive 20% discounton an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRCRE20at: www.creativesteps.co.uk.