These colourful Parrots are fun and easy to make, the perfect summer craft to do with kids! Suitable for ages 0 to 5 years old.…
Card Tube Animals – Animal Crafts
These card tube animals are a great activity for the kids, using left over card tubes from around the house! Suitable for ages 0 to 5 years old. Read the simple instructions below to get started:
Art materials you will need:
Instructions for the Card Tube monkey and elephant:
- Draw around the head, arm, face and tail templates onto a cardboard tube and cut them out.
- Paint these pieces and a cardboard tube with brown paint, and add a lighter brown tummy.
- Glue the head, tail, arms and face onto the cardboard tube.
- Add googly eyes and use black paint or a black marker pen to outline the features.
Instructions for the Card tube snake:
- Cut diagonally into a cardboard tube, and continue cutting, making a spiral shape. Cut the last bit into a head shape.
- Paint the inside yellow and the outside green.
- Add darker green spots all the way along the snake, and finish with a red tongue and googly eyes.
Hints and Tips: Paint the tubes with white paint first. This makes it easier to draw on, and makes the colours brighter too.
This great project has been designed by Kate Tompsett and supplied by Creative Steps. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and fun crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play. Ideal for everyone caring for young children. Get an exclusive 33% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRXT33 at: https://creativesteps.imbmsubscriptions.com/eyrxt33/.