To create this easy to make Easter Egg Crown you will need: Large sheet of white card Tape measure Coloured card Corrugated card Patterned papers…
Springtime DIY Bunting – Easter Crafts
Create Spring themed bunting for the perfect Easter decoration!
Get the little ones excited for Easter and make your very own colourful Bunting! An ideal arts and crafts project for children aged 5-7 years old. Simply follow these instructions!
Art materials you will need:
- Coloured card – in blue, green, yellow and red
- Pink patterned paper
- Black card
- White card
- Hole punch
- Garden twine
How to make Springtime bunting:
- Take the coloured card and cut out six flags (two of each colour) for the spring themed bunting.
- The blue flags will be decorated with ladybird images. To make the ladybirds, cut out two circles using the red card. They should be 10cm in diameter. Stick the red circles onto the flags. Next take the black card and cut out spots, back slits, heads and antennae for your ladybirds. Glue everything in place.
- Next, take the two yellow flags. Cut out two flowers from the patterned card. Now cut out two circles of red card for the centre of the flowers. Stick everything into place.
- To make the bumblebee decorations, cut out two ovals of black card. Glue them onto the green flags. Next, cut out two pairs of antennae from black card, two sets of wings from white card and bumblebee stripes from the yellow card. Assemble the pieces on the flags and then glue them into place.
- Finally, use a hole punch to make holes in the top corners of each flag. Cut a long length of twine and thread onto the flags. Hang your completed bunting on display!
Use pastel shades of card for the perfect spring colours.
Why not try making other pictures for the flags, for example Easter eggs?
This great project has been designed and supplied by Creative Steps. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and fun crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play. Ideal for everyone caring for young children. Get an exclusive 20% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRCRE20 at: www.creativesteps.co.uk.