Bring the room to life with this beautiful easy-to-make DIY Giant Butterfly! Using just a few simple materials, children can decorate their butterfly however they…
Spinning Rainbow – Crafts
LEARNING ZONES: – Exploring & Using Media & Materials – Imagination – Understanding the World
With colourful rainbow pictures popping up in windows all over the country, now is the perfect time to let the kids get crafty and create their own magical spinning rainbow. Perfect for a beautiful window display or decoration to brighten up your home or setting. Using card and paints, follow these simple crafts instructions below to make a spinning rainbow with the children and spread hope and joy. Can you find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
Art materials you will need:
- A4 sheet of white card
- Selection of coloured paints
- Paint brush
- Black card
- Gold stickers or gold paint
- Glue or sticky tape
- String or ribbon
How to make a spinning rainbow:
- Cut out a circle from the white card approx. 20cm diameter – you can draw around a plate – and then paint stripes across the circle.
- When the paint has dried, starting at the outside edge, cut a spiral from your rainbow circle.
- Cut out a small pot shape from the black card and decorate it with gold stickers or paint.
- Attach the pot to the outer end of the spiral and hang up your spinning rainbow using a piece of string or ribbon.
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and fun crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play. Ideal for everyone caring for young children. Get an exclusive 20% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRCRE20 at: www.creativesteps.co.uk.