Celebrate Diwali this year and create a dazzling delightful diya - the perfect arts and crafts activity for the festival of lights! You will need:…
Rocking Diya – Diwali Crafts
Create a Rocking Diya for Diwali
Celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali (Festival of Lights) this year with this fun Rocking Diya crafts project for kids! An ideal arts and crafts project for children aged 5-7 years old. Simply follow these instructions to make a Rocking Diya this Diwali.
Art materials you will need:
How to make a Rocking Diya:
- Fold the paper plate in half (this will be the base for your rocking Diya).
- Decorate the base by gluing on coloured plastic jewels (or using stick on jewels).
- Take the sheet of white card and cut out a candle.
- Now, cut out a flame in yellow and orange card.
- Glue the flame to the candle.
- Stick the completed candle onto the green rocking base to finish.
- Display your decoration in the window for Diwali.
This great project has been designed by Claire Drescher and supplied by Creative Steps. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and fun crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play. Ideal for everyone caring for young children.
Get an exclusive 33% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRXT33 at: https://creativesteps.imbmsubscriptions.com/eyrxt33/.