Create a Rocking Diya for Diwali Celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali (Festival of Lights) this year with this fun Rocking Diya crafts project for…
Flower Garland & Rangoli Picture – Diwali Crafts
Create a Flower Garland and Rangoli Picture for Diwali
Celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali this year by creating a colourful flower garland and rangoli picture! An ideal arts and crafts project for children aged 7-11 years old. Simply follow these instructions to make a Flower Garland and Rangoli Picture this Diwali.
Art materials you will need:
- Tracing paper
- Thin card
- Tissue paper (variety of colours)
- Drinking straws
- Thick darning needle
How to make a Flower Garland:
- Transfer flower templates onto a thin piece of card. Use these templates to cut out lots of colourful flowers from tissue paper. The quickest way to do this is to fold the tissue paper a few times and cut through several layers at once.
- Take a drinking straw and cut it up into approx. 2cm lengths. Repeat this with a number of drinking straws.
- Thread up the needle with a long length of wool and sew through the centre of three or four tissue paper flowers. Then thread one of the short straw pieces onto the flower garland string. An adult should be present when the needle is in use.
- Continue in this way, adding groups of paper flowers separated by short straw tubes. When the garland is long enough, knot the ends of the yarn and trim to neaten.
This great project has been designed and supplied by Creative Steps. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and fun crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play. Ideal for everyone caring for young children. Get an exclusive 33% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRXT33 at: https://creativesteps.imbmsubscriptions.com/eyrxt33/.