Create some outdoor fun this summer with these creative DIY floating boats! You will need: Corks Pipe cleaners 2 elastic bands Sticky tape Wrapping or…
Parasol Beachscape Card – Summer Crafts
How To Make A Parasol Beachscape Card
Make this colourful sea-scape card with a 3D parasol – perfect to be used as an invitation for a summer party! Ideal for children aged 7-11 years old.
Art materials you will need:
- Sheet of A4 yellow card
- Scraps of mid blue, orange, white and pale blue paper or card
- Scrap of red and white spotty scrapbooking fabric
- Orange and red felt tip pen
- One pink paper cocktail umbrella
- Gel glue
To make a Parasol Beachscape Card, follow these simple instructions:
- Firstly, using the templates trace and cut out the main card shape and other pieces. Score down the centre of the card with a ruler and fold in half neatly.
- With a glue stick, stick on the mid blue section for the sea and pale blue for the sky. Glue on the white seagull shapes on the sky.
- With an orange felt tip pen, draw the details on the starfish. Glue the towel shape to the front of the card and add the tassel details with a red felt tip pen.
- Finally glue on the paper cocktail umbrella so it rests on the top of the card and touches the towel.
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps and designed by Rachel Moore – fun ideas for everyone caring for young children. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play.
Get an exclusive 33% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRXT33 at: https://creativesteps.imbmsubscriptions.com/eyrxt33/.