What better way to celebrate the colourful Autumn season than to decorate your setting with this colourful leaf garland! This simple craft is a great…
DIY Clay Autumn Leaf Bowls – Craft Activities for Early Years
With the colourful Autumn leaves falling, it’s the perfect time to make these beautiful DIY Leaf Bowls to decorate your setting or give as an autumnal gift. A great crafts activity for children aged 5-7 years old.
How To Make Leaf Bowls
Art materials you will need:
To make a leaf bowl, follow these simple instructions:
- Start by rolling the clay to 0.5cm in thickness.
- Lay a clean leaf onto the clay and press down. Cut around the leaf with a modelling knife.
- Pull away the excess clay leaving only a leaf shape.
- Trace the veins in the clay with the point of the modelling knife.
- Put your clay inside a small bowl and leave to dry for 24 hours. This will give you the bowl shape.
- Paint your clay bowl with acrylic paints or poster paints and let it dry.
- Paint with a thin layer of PVA glue to varnish. Leave to dry and voila! You have your seasonal leaf bowl for Autumn!
As always, we would love to see how you get on! Send us pictures of your leaf bowls by tagging us on social media or using the hashtag #ExploreWithEYR.