How To Make Leaf Prints What better way to celebrate the colourful Autumn season than with some colourful leaf crafts! This simple, yet fun, idea…
Leaf Bowls – Autumn Crafts
How To Make Leaf Bowls
With the colourful Autumn leaves falling, it’s the perfect time to make these beautiful DIY Leaf Bowls to decorate your setting or give as an autumnal gift. A great crafts activity for children aged 5-7 years old.
Art materials you will need:
To make a leaf bowl, follow these simple instructions:
- Roll the clay to 0.5cm in thickness.
- Lay a clean leaf onto the clay and press down. Cut around with a modelling knife.
- Pull away the excess clay leaving only a leaf shape.
- Trace the veins in the clay with the point of the modelling knife.
- Put inside a small bowl and leave to dry for 24 hours. This will give you the bowl shape.
- Paint with acrylic paints or poster paints. Let dry.
- Paint with a thin layer of PVA glue to varnish. Leave to dry.
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps (designed by Emma Angel). Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of fun and inspiring ideas and crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play.
Get an exclusive 33% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRXT33 at: https://creativesteps.imbmsubscriptions.com/eyrxt33/.