Create some outdoor fun this summer with these creative DIY floating boats! You will need: Corks Pipe cleaners 2 elastic bands Sticky tape Wrapping or…
Bottle Bees – Summer Crafts
How To Make A Bottle Bee
Get crafty this summer and create your own bottle bee, whilst helping children understand the important job bees play in our planet. An ideal arts and crafts idea for children aged 5-7 years old.
Art materials you will need:
- Yogurt drink bottle
- Yellow paint
- Medium paint brush
- Black fluffy pipe cleaners
- Gold pipe cleaner
- Medium sized wiggly eyes
- Two pony beads
- Clear plastic stationery folder
- Glitter glue
- Black marker pen
- Pink felt tip
- Yellow card
- Strong glue
To make a Bottle Bee, follow these simple instructions:
- Remove any labels, clean and dry the bottle.
- Turn the bottle upside down and place on yellow card. Draw a circle around the bottle top with a pencil and cut out. Paint the bottle yellow and leave to dry.
- Stick on wiggly eyes and draw on a mouth and cheeks and glue the face to the bottle.
- Wrap a black pipe cleaner around the body, twist and cut off the ends to create feet. Repeat to make 6 legs.
- Take the gold pipe cleaner and wind it around a bead. Trim to make an antenna. Do this twice so you have two antennae and glue to the head.
- Cut a heart shape out of a clear plastic folder for the wings. Draw on glitter glue and leave to dry.
- Glue the wings to the bee’s back.
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps and designed by Emma Angel – fun ideas for everyone caring for young children. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play.
Get an exclusive 20% discount on the annual subscription by using promo code EYRCRE20 at: www.creativesteps.co.uk.