To create these quick and easy Spooky Spiders you will need: Card nesting tubes or kitchen roll tubes Black paint Scissors Peel and stick wiggle…
Spooky Spiders Webs – Halloween Crafts
How To Make Spooky Spiders Webs for Halloween
Let the children practice their weaving skills and create their own colourful spooktacular spiderwebs this Halloween.
Materials you will need:
- Lolly Sticks
- Black Paint
- Medium Paintbrush
- Black Wool
- Coloured Wool
- Medium Black Pom-Pom
- Small Wiggly Eyes
To make the spiderweb, follow these simple instructions:
- Clean and dry 3 lolly sticks.
- Paint the sticks black and leave to dry.
- Glue the sticks together to make a star shape.
- Take a ball of wool and glue one end to the inside of the lolly sticks. Glue it in the centre back.
- Wind the wool around the sticks. Wind it over the top and under each of the sticks. Keep winding around the sticks.
- When you have wound it around about 6 or 7 times glue the wool to the back of one of the lolly sticks. Leave a tail.
To make the spider, use our Spider Making Kit or follow these simple instructions:
- Make a spider with a black pom-pom, black wool and wiggly eyes.
- Cut 8 legs made from 4 strands of wool. Make them 7cm long and glue to the pom-pom.
- Glue on the eyes.
- Glue the spider to the wool tail of the web.
You could make the spider’s webs in lots of different colours – we used orange, white and lime green!
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps and designed by Emma Angel – fun ideas for everyone caring for young children. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play.
Get an exclusive 33% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRXT33 at: https://creativesteps.imbmsubscriptions.com/eyrxt33/.