How To Make Leaf Prints What better way to celebrate the colourful Autumn season than with some colourful leaf crafts! This simple, yet fun, idea…
Woven Leaves – Autumn Crafts
How To Make Woven Leaves
Hello Autumn! It’s time to experiment with design and colour this season and make these striking Autumn leaves. Encourage the children to observe Autumn leaves around them – What do they notice? Which colours do they like? This fantastic Autumn crafts idea is ideal for children aged 0-5 years old.
Materials you will need:
- Stiff card or cardboard
- Green and brown water colour paint
- Paint brush
- Autumn-coloured wool
To make your own woven leaves, follow these simple instructions:
- Prepare for the activity by cutting an autumn leaf shape from card.
- Draw the shape freehand or download a template online ‘autumn leaf outline’. Make sure the leaf you choose has plenty of curves or points to make it easier for children to catch their wool as they weave. You might also consider cutting small slits into the edges.
- Paint the leaf with water colours and leave to dry.
- Sellotape a length of wool (or the end of a ball of wool) to the back of the leaf and begin winding round the leaf in any direction.
- To change wool colour, simply tuck the end of each length into a strand at the back of the leaf or tape to secure.
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps – fun ideas for everyone caring for young children. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play.
Get an exclusive 33% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRXT33 at: https://creativesteps.imbmsubscriptions.com/eyrxt33/.