How To Make a Paper Plate Pirate Ahoy there! Let your little creative swashbucklers create their very own DIY Paper Plate Pirate with these easy…
Pirate Loot Bags – Crafts
How To Make Pirate Loot Bags
Land ahoy! If your little landlubbers want to head on an exciting treasure hunt, then why not get them to create their own little Pirate Loot Bags – perfect as party bags for your pirate themed party or a fun craft activity for International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Ideal for children aged 5-7 years old. Time to get crafty!
Materials you will need:
- Black & White Patterned Fabric
- Fabric Scissors
- Gold Elastic Cord
- Large Tags (or card)
- Gold Ink Pad
- Black Pen
- Coloured Card (cream & red)
- Sewing Machine (or a needle & thread)
- An Iron
To make these Pirate Loot Bags, follow these simple instructions:
- Cut out a piece of fabric for your loot bag (approx. 30cm wide x 25cm long).
- Press the fabric with an iron. Hem along the top edge.
- Lay out the fabric so that the hemmed edge is at the top. Fold it in half width ways. The fabric should be right sides together. Sew around the two remaining sides to create a bag.
- When finished, turn it inside out. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 to make the required number of party loot bags.
- Decorate the large gift tags by sponging them with the gold ink pad. This will create a mottled effect. Let the ink dry before moving on to the next step.
- Cut out rectangles of red card and stick them onto the tags in a central position. Now, cut out slightly smaller rectangles of cream card.
- Label each cream card by writing ‘Pirate Party Loot Bag’ or a message of your choice.
- Mount the cream labels on top of the red rectangles. Your tags are now complete.
- Fill the party bags with a selection of small gifts.
- To finish, attach a large tag to each bag with a length of gold elastic cord. You could add each guest’s name for an extra personal touch.