Add to your Halloween decorations with this Paper Plate Spider - a crafty way to decorate the room with spiders this Halloween. To make these spiders…
Paper Plate Pirate – Crafts
How To Make a Paper Plate Pirate
Ahoy there! Let your little creative swashbucklers create their very own DIY Paper Plate Pirate with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Ideal for children aged 0-5 year olds. A great arts and crafts idea for International Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Materials you will need:
To make this bootlegged Paper Plate Pirate, follow these simple instructions:
- Paint the paper plate with light brown paint.
- Cut a hat shape from black card and glue it onto the plate.
- Cut some hair from wool and tape it to the back of the hat (trim it with scissors or plait it if you prefer).
- Cut a skull and crossbones from white card, and glue it onto the hat.
- Cut an eye patch from black card and glue this onto the hat as well.
- Use paint (or a marker pen) to add features to the pirate’s face.
Alternative pirate craft ideas:
- Make a pirate with different coloured skin and hair – perhaps a red handkerchief hat instead!
- Looking for some pirate role play? Then turn your paper plate pirates into masks! Simply cut eye holes in the plates and tape some elastic to each side.