How To Make Leaf Bowls With the colourful Autumn leaves falling, it's the perfect time to make these beautiful DIY Leaf Bowls to decorate your…
Leaf Prints – Autumn Crafts
How To Make Leaf Prints
What better way to celebrate the colourful Autumn season than with some colourful leaf crafts! This simple, yet fun, idea is a great activity for the children in your setting.
Materials you will need:
To make your own leaf prints, follow these simple instructions:
- Arrange the leaves on a flat surface, bottom side facing up. Place a sheet of white paper over the top.
- Use a wax crayon to gently rub over the top of the paper. Concentrate on one leaf at a time. You will start to notice the detail of the leaf slowly appearing.
- Switch to a different coloured crayon and move onto the next leaf.
- When you have completed all the leaf rubbings, neatly cut them out with scissors.
- Glue the leaf rubbings onto the sheet of black card to create an interesting display.
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps (designed by Claire Drescher) – fun ideas for everyone caring for young children. Each issue of Creative Steps Magazine contains dozens of inspiring ideas and crafts to help you encourage learning through creative play.
Get an exclusive 33% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRXT33 at: https://creativesteps.imbmsubscriptions.com/eyrxt33/.