How To Make Leaf Prints What better way to celebrate the colourful Autumn season than with some colourful leaf crafts! This simple, yet fun, idea…
DIY Suncatcher – Autumn Crafts
How To Make Autumnal Suncatchers
Hello sunshine! Now that the colourful Autumn leaves are falling, it’s the perfect time to encourage the children to make their own beautiful suncatchers using the leaves they find – ideal for those sunny autumn days and a great way to welcome the season.
Materials you will need:
To make your own autumn suncatcher, follow these simple instructions:
- Decorate the rim of a paper plate with paints or crayons. (Different coloured fingerprints would also look good).
- Then, using a pair of scissors, pierce a hole in the centre of the paper plate and cut away the whole base so just the rim remains.
- Replace the missing base of the plate with sticky-backed plastic. Do this by cutting a circle of plastic slightly larger than the hole, and make small cuts around the edge to prevent puckering when you stick it down.
- Cover the sticky base with leaves of different shapes and colours. Then cut another circle of sticky-backed plastic and place over the top of the leaves.
- To hang the plate from a window latch, punch a hole in the rim and thread with wool.