Early Years Resources Autumn Sale Event will be held at our warehouse on Saturday, November 23rd 2013 from 9am to 11am. We have a great…
Early Years Resources Introduces Workshops
Introducing the EYR Workshops …
We are extremely proud to announce the launch of our EYR Workshops for early years practitioners, teachers and childminders!
You won’t want to miss the very first EYR Workshop event on the 12th October 2018 at the Holiday Inn Express in Trafford City, Manchester – where we are running two interactive workshop sessions, which will provide you with lots of advice and essential tips on Safeguarding Through Stories and Using Stories & Puppets for EAL.
These fun and interactive workshops will be delivered by inspirational storytelling specialists and Teach Early Years award winners, Tonya and Natasha from Little Creative Days, and are guaranteed to leave you walking away with a wealth of new fresh ideas to take back to your setting to enhance the children’s learning, development and welfare.
What will you gain from the ‘Safeguarding Through Stories’ workshop?
It is extremely important to create a safe and enjoyable environment in your early years setting or school, where children feel comfortable enough to approach you and open up. But how do you spot those red flags and how do you know when something needs further exploration?
- Discover how to use stories and props to recognise the tell-tale signs of abuse and get your child to open up and talk to you
- Understand how to spot if something needs further exploration and practise using stories and props to help with possible scenarios
- Decide whether you need to initiate your setting’s safeguarding procedures and how to build a safe and enjoyable environment
What will you gain from the ‘Using Stories & Puppets for EAL’ workshop?
Children who have English as an additional language (EAL) often need a little bit of extra support to help them fit in and it can be difficult to find activities that are inclusive and allow them to develop their language skills – that’s why stories are a great multi-sensory approach to learning to help those with EAL.
- Discover how to use stories and puppets to effectively to help children with EAL and engage their interest
- Understand how stories can help children develop their English language and help them feel included
- Learn how using a multi-sensory approach is a great way to help children model language in a meaningful context
Why should you attend an EYR Workshop?
- Walk away with lots of new fresh ideas to use straight away and take back to your setting
- Gain lots of practical advice and essential tips on important early years topics
- Get the chance to meet the experts and have your questions answered
- Meet other early years professionals and share ideas
- Enjoy a fun, interactive and rewarding workshop session
- Delight in the free refreshments provided
- Receive an attendance certificate for your CPD folder
Be sure to secure your place as soon as possible, as limited places are available.