Bring the room to life with this beautiful easy-to-make DIY Giant Butterfly! Using just a few simple materials, children can decorate their butterfly however they…
Floating Boats – Summer Crafts
Create some outdoor fun this summer with these creative DIY floating boats!
You will need:
Follow these 5 simple steps to create your boat.
- Start by lining up the three corks and then secure them with 2 elastic bands.
- Next, make the mast from 14cm of pipe cleaner folded in half.
- Create a sail by cutting a right angled triangle from wrapping or patterned paper and tape it to the pipe cleaner mast.
- Then, secure the mast to the boat by tucking it between two of the corks.
- Finally, tie a length of string to the front of the boat so that it can be pulled along.
- Personalise your boat by adding your own illustrations to the sail
- Set the boats in a race against each other in water.
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps magazine – fun ideas for everyone caring for young children. Each issue of Creative Steps contains dozens of fun, inspiring ideas to help you encourage learning through creative play.
Get an exclusive 33% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRXT33 at: https://creativesteps.imbmsubscriptions.com/eyrxt33/.