Create some outdoor fun this summer with these creative DIY floating boats! You will need: Corks Pipe cleaners 2 elastic bands Sticky tape Wrapping or…
Beach Collage – Summer crafts
/ July 4th, 2018 / There are currently 0 comments
Bring the beach to you with this fun seaside themed craft!
You will need:
- A paper plate
- Yellow & blue paint
- Play sand (optional)
- Scraps of foam
- Brown paper
- Green tissue paper
- A small white ball
- Felt tip pens
- A cocktail umbrella
- PVA glue
- Small stones and shells
To create this summery beach collage, follow these simple steps:
- Paint one half of the paper plate yellow and the other half blue. Optional: before the yellow paint dries, sprinkle some sand onto the wet paint to create a textured sandy beach.
- Next, make a beach towel by cutting out a small rectangular piece of foam and snipping the edges to make a fringe. You can create a striped pattern on the “towel” with either paint or stripes of different coloured foam.
- To make a beach ball, paint thin stripes onto a small white ball and let it dry.
- To make a palm tree, roll a length of brown paper into a tube and stick it onto the plate.
- Then, cut out leaves from green tissue paper and stick them into the brown trunk.
- Finish off your beach collage by adding any extras that you like for example shells, rocks and a mini umbrella as a parasol.