Create some outdoor fun this summer with these creative DIY floating boats! You will need: Corks Pipe cleaners 2 elastic bands Sticky tape Wrapping or…
Beach Collage – Summer crafts
Bring the beach to you with this fun seaside themed craft!
You will need:
- A paper plate
- Yellow & blue paint
- Play sand (optional)
- Scraps of foam
- Brown paper
- Green tissue paper
- A small white ball
- Felt tip pens
- A cocktail umbrella
- PVA glue
- Small stones and shells
To create this summery beach collage, follow these simple steps:
- Paint one half of the paper plate yellow and the other half blue. Optional: before the yellow paint dries, sprinkle some sand onto the wet paint to create a textured sandy beach.
- Next, make a beach towel by cutting out a small rectangular piece of foam and snipping the edges to make a fringe. You can create a striped pattern on the “towel” with either paint or stripes of different coloured foam.
- To make a beach ball, paint thin stripes onto a small white ball and let it dry.
- To make a palm tree, roll a length of brown paper into a tube and stick it onto the plate.
- Then, cut out leaves from green tissue paper and stick them into the brown trunk.
- Finish off your beach collage by adding any extras that you like for example shells, rocks and a mini umbrella as a parasol.
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps magazine – fun ideas for everyone caring for young children. Each issue of Creative Steps contains dozens of fun, inspiring ideas to help you encourage learning through creative play.
Get an exclusive 33% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRXT33 at: https://creativesteps.imbmsubscriptions.com/eyrxt33/.