These simple woven Easter Egg Baskets are perfect as a festive Easter decoration or can be used to collect eggs on an exciting Easter Egg…
Sock Bunnies – Easter Crafts
/ March 21st, 2018 / There are currently 0 comments
Transform your old socks into these cute decorative bunnies. A fantastic craft idea for your kids this Easter!
You will need the following:
- Fabric scissors
- Dried rice or lentils
- Thin ribbon, thread or elastic bands
- Scraps of felt
- Felt tip pens
- Googly eyes
Follow these simple steps to bring your sock bunnies to life:
- Fill the end third of a sock with rice or lentils and then tie or wrap an elastic band around this section of the sock to make a body.
- Fill the sock with more rice/lentils for the head. Make sure this section is smaller than the body and then tie it in the same way so that the contents won’t spill out.
- Cut down the centre of the remaining sock to make two ears. You can shape the ears by cutting each piece into a curve with a point at the end.
- Cut out a mouth, teeth and nose from felt and stick them onto the bunny’s head, adding thread for whiskers.
- Add the googly eyes and finally, tie a piece of ribbon in a bow around the bunny’s neck.
Hints and tips:
- Trim off the elasticated tops from the socks; these can be stretched around the bunny as extra decoration.
- Instead of felt, get creative designing a bunny face using felt tip pens.