Pancake Day is fast approaching – which means tasty and messy fun for the kids! But if a child is intolerant to the traditional key…
Pink Berry Allergy-Friendly Pancake Recipe
Get your taste buds watering this Pancake Day with this colourful and fruity allergy-friendly pancake recipe by ‘Pure Family Food’.
The kids are sure to love these scrumptious, bright pink pancakes – which are gluten-free, egg-free and dairy-free. Make sure everyone can get involved this Shrove Tuesday with this healthy Pink Berry Pancake Recipe.
Simply follow this easy pancake recipe for wonderful results.
Pink Berry Free-From Pancake Recipe:
Serves: 8 pancakes (approx.)
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
Cuisine: Dairy Free, Egg Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Soya Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 150ml – apple juice
- 75g – cherries (or raspberries will give a pinker colour)
- 1 tablespoon – ground flax seed (alternatively, you can use an egg)
- 3 tablespoon – warm water (leave out if using the egg)
- 150g – gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon – baking powder (gluten-free if required)
- 1 teaspoon – coconut oil
- Mix the ground flax seed with the warm water and leave for 5 minutes to thicken. (Alternatively, if you are able to tolerate eggs, leave out this stage, and lightly whisk the egg in a bowl.)
- Blend the apple juice and cherries together, add to the flax seed mixture (or egg), and then whisk in the flour and baking powder.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan (ideally with a lid) over a medium-low heat, and ensure the melted oil is spread over the base of the pan.
- Add spoonful’s to the pan to make your pancakes. Cover, and leave until risen and the edges are looking dried. Turn over and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve immediately with more berries, a sprinkle of icing sugar and maple syrup if you like it sweet.
- Can be reheated in the toaster for a snack.
Looking for a simpler alternative to this recipe?
Then check out the tasty Easy Allergy Free Pancake Recipe by Pure Family Food.
Looking for even more Pancake Day ideas?
Then why not decorate your pancakes! Try our healthy and fun Animal Pancakes to spark the children’s creativity.
Make your Pancake Day even more sensational with our fun range of Early Years Pancake Day Activity Ideas – perfect for you primary school, nursery or early years setting!
Pure Family Food – is a free recipe resource for anyone with food allergies or restrictive diets. It also focuses on ingredients that provide maximum nutrition with minimal fuss. It was created by Katie Baverstock-Hunt, a working mum and keen cook for a family with multiple food allergies. Katie found that she needed to devise meals were quick, easy and didn’t involve trips to specialist food shops. She aims for the recipes to be economical, and for the ingredients easily found in most supermarkets.