Decorate the classroom or play area for Chinese New Year with these easy to make, colourful hanging lanterns. To make these you will need the following:…
Make Your Own Chinese Fans
/ February 6th, 2018 / There are currently 0 comments
Celebrate the Chinese New Year this February by making these decorative fans.
You will need the following:
To make the Chinese paper fans:
- Fold an A4 piece of red paper backwards and forwards, starting with the short edge, to make a concertina shape. Each fold should be 2cm wide
- Trim off any extra paper when you have finished folding. Repeat with the other sheet of paper
- Glue the two pieces of paper together and fold them in half
- Tie in middle fold with a piece of thread and glue the two inner sides of the paper together
- Glue a craft stick to each side of the fan
- Once the glue dries, you can bring the craft sticks around to open the fan
- Fix the fan open with a hair elastic
Did you know? Red is considered a lucky colour in Chinese culture.