Get into the festive spirit with a good old-fashioned puppet show.Either use the characters we’ve created here, or let the childrencome up with their own.…
Festive Reindeer Photo Frame
/ December 14th, 2017 / There are currently 0 comments
Elusive, doe-eyed and beautiful, reindeers are a symbol of wintertime magic. This fun picture frame is simple to make and gives children the opportunity to practice fine motor skills.
To make these you will need the following:
- 4 x craft sticks
- Red pom poms
- Googly eyes
- Brown paint
- Brown paper
- White card (8 x 8cm)
- Small twigs for antlers
- 2 x leaves for ears
- White glue
- Hot melt glue
To make a Reindeer Photo Frame
- Using a hot glue gun, an adult fixes the craft sticks together to make the frame. Tip: It’s best to glue two sticks at a time and wait for them to dry before gluing the next two.
- Once the glue is dry, paint the frame brown.
- Make a head by cutting a 6cm x 5cm tear drop shape from brown paper. Glue this head onto card to stiffen
- Glue leaf ears onto the card and then cut out the head (including the ears)
- Affix googly eyes to the head and add a red pom pom for a nose. Add the twigs for antlers
- Glue the head to the frame
- Then an adult affixes a laminated photograph to the back of the frame using a hot glue gun
- Why not try adding string or ribbon to the back of the frame and hanging the reindeer on your Christmas tree?
- Instead of a photo, add a festive message or drawing
- Or why not add some jingle bells to make the reindeer extra festive!