Children will love creating this rocking bird and decorating it with feathers and paint. It will surely brighten up and room. To make it you…
Bird’s Nest Collage
/ March 6th, 2017 / There are currently 0 comments
Get in the mood for spring with this colourful collage! Children can let their creativity flourish with this bird’s nest collage.
To make it you will need the following:
To make a bird’s nest collage
- Cut a branch shape from brown felt, glue it to the light blue card and add some leaves cut from green felt.
- Draw the bird body (in the shape of the template above) onto coloured card, repeat this 3 times. Cover these shapes with feathers or fur.
- To make the nest, cut a paper plate in half and give the flat edge of one half a gentle curve. Glue the two halves of the paper plate together. Then paint the front plate and the inside of the second plate with brown paint and leave to dry.
- Take your twigs (you can either paint them brown if you wish or leave them natural) and stick on top of the paper plate nest. Use the photograph on the left for guidance. Leave to dry.
- Stick the nest onto the felt branch and then glue the fluffy bird shapes into the nest. Add feathers for wings, googly eyes and felt beaks. Mount the picture onto the sheet of dark blue card.