Celebrate Chinese New Year with this easy to make Dragon Puppet craft idea for children. To create this wonderful Dragon Puppet for Chinese New Year…
Year of the Rooster
/ January 10th, 2017 / There are currently 0 comments
The children will love creating this colourful decoration that will make a great centrepiece for celebrating Chinese New Year. To make this, you will need the following:
To make the Rooster
- Draw the outline of the rooster and triangle base, shown in the template image, onto thick card. Cut them out (adult), with slots (as indicated on template image below). Copy the rooster’s head onto thinner card and cut it out.
- Tear some pieces of tissue paper into strips, using several colours.
- Brush glue over the rooster shaped card, then starting from the tail, paste down the tissue pieces overlapping them to look like feathers.
- Glue some tissue strips in the middle of the body for the wing. Paste tissue over the head.
- Glue tissue over both sides of the triangle base. Leave all the pieces to dry.
- Fold over any overhanging pieces of tissues and paste to the back of the card, or trim them off to make a neat edge.
- Glues the head to the body with a wobbly eye. Cut through any dried tissue paper over the slots, then fit the base to the rooster’s body.