Celebrate Chinese New Year with this easy to make Dragon Puppet craft idea for children. To create this wonderful Dragon Puppet for Chinese New Year…
Chinese Hanging Lantern
/ January 10th, 2017 / There are currently 0 comments
Decorate the classroom or play area for Chinese New Year with these easy to make, colourful hanging lanterns. To make these you will need the following:
To make a hanging lantern
- Place a paper plate on a sheet of green card. Draw around it with a pencil. Neatly cut out the circle with scissors.
- Cut out a rectangle, measuring 12cm x 20cm, of green patterned paper. Glue it to the centre of the green circle of card.
- Next, cut out a narrow rectangle of orange card, measuring 8cm x 20cm. Decorate it with Chinese characters. Mount it onto the patterned green rectangle.
- Take a sheet of red card. Cut out a red ‘hat’ for your lantern. Now, cut out a red rectangle for the lantern base. Stick them in position. Lastly, glue a row of plastic jewels to the top of the lantern base to decorate.
- Punch a series of holes along the bottom edge of the red lantern base. Thread a length of thin ribbon through each hole then know to secure (as pictured). Finally, punch two holes in the top of the lantern. Make a hanging loop by threading through black cord then knotting the ends.