To make these paper plate Christmas Wreaths you will need: Paper plates either plain or colourful Pipe cleaners Coloured tissue paper Mixed decorations e.g. gems, pom…
Nativity: How to Celebrate the Christmas Message with Young Children
Christmas is a Christian celebration, it marks the birth of Jesus Christ, who Christians believe to be the Son of God. Nativity is the word often used for the story of Jesus’ birth, it is taken from the Gospels of Matthew and Luke. At this time of year, many of us will be thinking about Christmas activities which will help young children to understand the meaning of Christmas, beyond Santa and presents, and exploring the story of the Nativity, reminding Christians of the gift of Jesus, the son of God, beginning his earthly life.
An amazing collection of Nativity downloads for young children is now available. It includes a simple version of the Nativity story, perfect for the Foundation Stage, Nativity colouring pages, Nativity activity sheets, Nativity character puppets and many more Nativity resources for children.
Here are a few simple ways to use our Nativity Download activities in your Early Years setting:
• The Illustrated story can be used to introduce the birth of Jesus to young children. It can also be cut up and used for retelling and sequencing.
• Use the smaller coloured character cut outs for retelling the story of Nativity. The characters can be cut out and stuck on to lollipop sticks for young children to act out the story, or glued onto cardboard tubes and used with boxes to create a 3D crib scene.
• Larger character Illustrations can be coloured in or collaged to create a Nativity themed display.
• Nativity Character Speech Bubbles are perfect for the writing area and engaging young mark makers in writing their own versions of the Christmas Story.
• Use the Nativity Dot to Dots and Mazes in your mark making area as independent fine motor activities.
• Display the Nativity Numerals around the room to reinforce number recognition and ordering of numbers.
• Create a Nativity Role Play area, with the story and images displayed, to inspire your children to become the different characters and re-enact parts of the story.