Make your own Sports Day Medals in gold, silver and bronze with this easy to follow craft idea from our friends at Creative Steps. To…
Sports Day Torch – Craft Ideas
Light up the start of Sports Day with this simple and easy to follow craft idea to create your own Olympics style torch. To create this Sports Day Torch you need the following:-
- White card
- Scissors, ruler & pencil
- Gold paint & paintbrush
- PVA glue
- Red & blue paper
- Orange & yellow tissue paper
- Sticky tape
- Draw a circle onto white card. Cut it out, and cut out a ‘slice’ of the circle. Roll the rest up into a cone and glue it into place.
- Paint the cone with gold paint and leave it to dry. Or use plain gold card.
- Draw and cut two thin strips of blue paper, and one strip of red. Glue them around the cone to make stripes.
- Cut a long strip of orange tissue paper and cut wiggly triangles from the top edge, leaving a long row of ‘flames’. Roll it up and fix it with sticky tape. Repeat with yellow tissue paper, and wrap that around the outside of the orange. Glue the flames into the cone.
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps magazine – fun ideas for everyone caring for young children. Each issue of Creative Steps contains dozens of fun, inspiring ideas to help you encourage learning through creative play.