Make your dad feel like a King for the day with this specially crafted Father's Day crown. For the crown you will need: Gold or…
Dad Suncatcher – Father’s Day Crafts
Say thank you to dads everywhere on this Father’s Day by giving them this easy to create Dad Suncatcher.
To create this Dad Suncather you need the following:
- Large sheet of black card
- Coloured tissue paper
- Clear sticky-backed plastic
- Craft knife & cutting mat (adult use only!)
- Hole punch
- Place the sheet of black card on the cutting mat and trim down the sheet to measure 34cm x 25cm.
- Take the trimmed black sheet and using a pencil and ruler, mark a 4cm border on all sides. Next, take a craft knife and carefully cut along the pencil lines (an adult should carry out this step!). Remove the rectangle of card you have cut out. You will be left with a thick frame of black card.
- Cut out a piece of clear sticky-backed plastic – it must be larger than the black frame. Peel off the backing paper, then stick the frame onto the tacky side. Then tuck over the edges of the sticky sheet to neaten.
- Cut out the word ‘DAD’ from the leftover black card. Stick the letters in the centre of the tacky surface, making sure they will read the correct way when hung up.
- Cut the coloured tissue paper into small squares. Children can then stick them onto the tacky surface until it is covered. Seal the back with another piece of sticky plastic.
- Punch two holes in the top of the black frame and thread through a length of ribbon, knotting the ends to make a hanging loop.
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps magazine – fun ideas for everyone caring for young children. Each issue of Creative Steps contains dozens of fun, inspiring ideas to help you encourage learning through creative play.