Celebrate Chinese New Year with this easy to make Dragon Puppet craft idea for children. To create this wonderful Dragon Puppet for Chinese New Year…
Lai See Envelopes – Chinese New Year Crafts
Lai See envelopes (Red Envelopes) are traditionally given to children at Chinese New Year. These lucky red envelopes usually contain money or sweets given by relatives. Here is how to make your own…
- Red paper
- White card
- Black marker pen
- A sheet of Chinese symbol stickers
- Filling – small sweets or chocolate coins
- Click Here to Download the Template
- Take a red sheet of paper and a pencil. Using the template provided, make the lucky pocket by tracing the pocket outline onto the sheet of red paper. Neatly cut it out with scissors.
- Follow the fold lines marked on the template to construct the pocket. Carefully glue along the centre seam and then finally, glue the bottom tab closed. Keep the top tab open ready for filling with goodies! Leave the glue to dry.
- Cut out a small rectangle of white card. Use a pen to write on a special message for Chinese New Year. Glue the label onto the front of your red envelope.
- Use Chinese symbol stickers to add the final decorations to your Lai See envelope. Fill the envelope with chocolate coins or sweets.
- Repeat Steps 1-4 to make as many Lai See envelopes as you like!
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps magazine – fun ideas for everyone caring for young children. Each issue of Creative Steps contains dozens of fun, inspiring ideas to help you encourage learning through creative play. Get an exclusive 33% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRXT33 at: https://creativesteps.imbmsubscriptions.com/eyrxt33/.