How To Make Spooky Spiders Webs for Halloween Let the children practice their weaving skills and create their own colourful spooktacular spiderwebs this Halloween. Materials…
Spooky Spiders – Halloween Crafts
To create these quick and easy Spooky Spiders you will need:
- Card nesting tubes or kitchen roll tubes
- Black paint
- Peel and stick wiggle eyes
- Black tissue paper
Making your Halloween Spooky Spiders
- Cut sections of cardboard nesting tubes or kitchen roll tubes to a variety of lengths. The length of the pieces will determine the size of your spiders. Ours measured approx. 10cm, 8cm and 6cm.
- Paint each of the sections (inside and out) in black paint (we used acrylic for a shiny finish), and leave to dry. When dry, use a pair of scissors to cut the tubes into eight sections to make the legs, leaving a section at the top for the outside of the spider’s body.
- Add a pair of wiggle eyes to each spider and some scrunched up black tissue paper to the inside of each tube to complete the body. Bend the legs to get your spider to look like he is crawling!
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps magazine – fun ideas for everyone caring for young children. Each issue of Creative Steps contains dozens of fun, inspiring ideas to help you encourage learning through creative play. Get an exclusive 33% discount on an annual subscription with Creative Steps by using promo code EYRXT33 at: https://creativesteps.imbmsubscriptions.com/eyrxt33/.