Pump up the excitement of fireworks and bonfire night! Get the children to make these colourful and exciting fireworks and bonfire pictures. To make these…
Spectacular Firework Fiesta Crafts
To create this Spectacular Firework Fiesta you will need:
- Nesting tubes or kitchen roll tubes
- Plain and sparkly pipe cleaners
- Strips of tin foil
- Paints & paint brushes
- Star stickers
- Tissue paper
How to make a firework fiesta:
- Let each child select a cardboard tube. Cut longer tubes into shorter pieces e.g. we cut a nesting tube into two. Get the children to paint their tube with colours that reminds them of fireworks. While the paint is wet, why not roll the tube in glitter similar to the gold firework in our picture. Allow the tubes to dry.
- In the meantime, lay all the pipe cleaners out on a table and let the children choose which one they like. Encourage them to wrap one or two pipe cleaners around a pencil to create whorls and spirals. Cut strips of foil and tissue paper too.
- Gather together the pipe cleaners, foil and tissue paper into a bunch and push them into a tube. Fan them out and add star stickers to finish.
This great project has been supplied by Creative Steps magazine – fun ideas for everyone caring for young children. Each issue of Creative Steps contains dozens of fun, inspiring ideas to help you encourage learning through creative play. Get an exclusive 20% discount on the annual subscription by using promo code EYRCRE20 at www.creativesteps.co.uk